Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Let's do this!

I woke up one day and knew it was time.  Lets take this serious! I decided on Medifast after much research. Luckily, they had an opening when I went to get more information! Loaded with a weeks supply of bars and shakes, bag full of books, journals, guides and inspirational stories, water bottle, a very cool Health Mate Blender, blender bottle and two lidded cups for premade shakes, I came home to put everything up. With all this stuff, organization is a must. I cleared out a shelf in the kitchen cabinet and setup "the Medifast space".

This is what my shelf currently looks like. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the pills I got. B12, B6, Omega-3's.
I wasn't very productive at work today, I was so busy reading blog after blog of successful Medifast Clients. Their stories are inspiring and give me that push of motivation to know that it can happen to me!!!

I LOVE LOVE the dark chocolate shake.  After reading many stories of lumpy shakes, I decided to pre-mix/make the one I was taking to the office and leaving it in the fridge overnight. Loved it. Smooth and super delicious.  The chocolate crunch bar is another instant favorite. I am not big on sweets, I am big on chocolate! Love it. And this bar does not dissapoint.  It is rather small, but very powerful. It definately fills you up. The chocolate taste is soo good. It does have this small after taste at the end that reminds me of splenda. But just take another bite quickly and its gone!
This side has the other goodies. I always wanted to have one of these shaker bottles, even when I didn't drink shakes, just because I like the whole shiny ball moving around concept, I guess. Well, I have one now, and I have yet to use it. Again, I am only one day in. But the electric blender is so fast and does a great job. Here are the vitamins that I chose to add on to my plan. As my ever-so-knowledgeable counselor explained how many and when to take, I was thinking there was no way I was going to remember all of it.  She must have known, she wrote the times and amounts on the bottle tops!! So cool!!!
I headed over to Target after work to pick up a scale. I can't remember the last time I got one. I was then ready to try a new Medifast Recipe for my Lean and Green.
Northern Italian Shrimp & Broccoli. Yum-Yum-Yummy!!!! Super easy to prepare, super fast to cook, super delicious!!! It helped that I already owned the salad dressing and had shrimp in the freezer.  I made extra so I could take some to work and we plan to cook this again tomorrow for dinner.  Why mess with a good thing?!?!? I love to repeat recipes when I first try them. I already have most of the fresh ingredients on hand, in this case the package of cherry tomatoes and broccoli, so it will be alot easier. Thankfully I am not picky on leftovers and repeat meals, then again I am usually on the cleanup or cooking duty...cleanup or leftovers....hmmm...leftovers! Definately!  
Here are the ingredients ready to go. Please note that I have doubled the recipe to make sure I get enough for lunch tomorrow.
Burn baby burn!!!! =) The smell....soo good!

Ta-da! The finished product! This is half of one serving size.  Since I have this bad habit of staying up late, my counselor wanted to make sure that I was still eating and drinking the H2O every 2-3 hours. So she divided up my Lean and Green, half for lunch and half for dinner.


Here is the plan:
  • 5AM Wake up - Drink 8oz of water and take vitamins
  • First Medifast Meal within one hour - Bar with water (8oz)
  • 8:45  Shake with water (8oz)
  • 11:15 - 11:45 Half of the lean green with water (8oz)
  • 2:45 Bar with water (8oz)
  • 4:45 - 5:45 Half of the lean green with water (8oz) 
  • 7:45 - 8:45 Shake with water (8oz)
  • 11:30 - 11:45 Bar or Shake with water (8oz)
This is such a good way to incorporate the water throughout the day. I am still working on finding a water cup/container solution for all this water drinking. I would like to find 8 oz cups with lids that I can have in a lunch bag with ice pack in my desk. This way they are close by, ready to go, no fuss! Any ideas?

Thanks for stopping by and reading this! Wish me luck and much love and positive thoughts to you on your own journey to being a happier and healthier you!



No comments:

Post a Comment