Wednesday, May 18, 2011

First Weigh-In and More Recipe Pics!

Hi there! It's officially begun, the weigh ins! Yikes!

First week in, I am less 4lbs!!! Yay!!! Super Yay! Just knowing that this plan in working is making it even easier to stick to it. The plan is the easiest thing really. It has your 5 meals ready for you, all you have to worry about one! Super convenient food that is also pretty yummy. The support at the office is great! Super friendly and so accommodating!!

Since I passed the first week mark I can now begin getting food other than shakes and bars. I did love the shake and bars so I definately made sure to purchase more of them! I got used to them. =) It was starting to be a routine.

Here are the goodies!

 A list of what I got this week:
  • Honey Mustard Pretzel Sticks
  • Cinnamon Pretzel Sticks
  • Chocolate Crunch Bars
  • Essential 1 - Calorie Burn Cappuccino
  • Chicken Noodle Soup
  • Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
  • Dutch Chocolate Shake
  • Coffee Soft Serve
  • Chili Nacho Cheese Puffs
  • Soup bowl w/lid and spoon.
Which in about 5 minutes of assembly line style work, got me these beauties! Great organizational trick from the online Medifast Community.  I place 4 meals in these baggies. I take out a bag the night before, make the shake for fridge if any, then throw the ziploc into my purse and take to work. I leave the 5th meal at home. No point in giving it a field trip!
 What remains goes into the recycling bin!
Organization time! The food made me expand into the second shelf. On the first shelf is the scale, measuring cups and daily medicines.
The top shelf has the meals, bottles, extra pill bottles/boxes and the 5th Medifast Meal packages in the plastic container.
 All lined up and ready to go!
 I tried out another recipe from the Medifast Recipe booklet. This time it was the Spicy Tilapia with Spinach and Tomatos.  Here are the ingredients. Ready for some serious chopping and mixing!
Which gave us this beauty. I placed a layer of the spinach then the fish with the seasoning mixture and finally topped on the chopped tomatoes.
 Close up!
The finished product......so SPICY. It was tolerable but it was definately spicy!!!!!! I will modify to make it less spicy next time.
I was so excited to try new food. It was hard to pick which one! So I tried these sticks. They are pretty good! The taste is not overpowering which I like, just enough of the honey mustard to taste it!
 This is the full serving....less three sticks!
The next recipe we tried was the Italian Sausage Patties. I love peppers, so those were good. The patties were seasoned just right. The warmer the food was the better it tasted!
 They smelled wonderful!
Next up...........is the Grilled Sun-Dried Tomato Salmon. Less the grilled. I will be baking these instead. I am familiar with the taste of both of these babies in the oven, in the grill, not so much. I am afraid they will come out pretty dry. With organic salmon, I leave the experimenting for later!! =)

That's it. Hope you found something useful. If anything, seeing the actual pictures of recipes always seems to help me out. Let me know if you have any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment