Saturday, August 20, 2011

Beware of pickers!!!

I was starting to get a little bored with my lean and green meals. Vacation cooking + catching up from vacay + running after my two year old = little time or energy to focus on menu planning.  

On the plus side, having salads as my green, is working out great. I don't remember ever looking forward to having a salad. But now I can't wait to get in there and start experimenting with them.  I love that salads are so versatile, just add what you are in the mood for, or as in my case whatever is available in the fridge! They have great volume on the plate, more so now that I am actually weighing the lettuce.

So I went back to basics and opened up the Medifast recipe book.  Since I already had ground turkey defrosted, I re-tried the Italian Sausage Patties.  I added red pepper flakes for an extra kick! Served them over a salad...and dinner was ready!! This salad has grape tomatoes, broccoli, seeds, mini yellow and red peppers, topped with champagne vinagrette. It was delish!!

While searching for the best lighting, a small hand almost made away with one of my patties!!! Too cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment